Monday, March 23, 2015

Profile: Alexi Deering

Hello everyone!

My name is Alexi Deering, and I am currently a junior chemical engineering major.  Jay, Maine is where I call home.  I have been fortunate enough to have had a coop experience at MeadWestvaco in Covington, Virginia.  I will be returning to Covington this summer for my second rotation.  I can’t say thank you enough to everyone who has contributed to make this trip possible.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am very excited to be a part of it!  I am looking forward to gaining a more global perspective on the industry because of the trip.  I think it will be very interesting to tour the facilities overseas and see how much or how little they differ with what we have here.  I’m thrilled about the cultural experience in store for us!

I enjoy spending the majority of my free time outside.  In the fall and summer months I can usually be found hiking or rock climbing, and in the winter snowboarding. This spring will be my second attempt at making my own maple syrup.  Thanks again for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment