Friday, March 20, 2015

Meet Katrina Lessard

Hi everyone!

My name is Katrina Lessard, and I am a junior chemical engineering major from Corinth, ME. I am
so excited to be apart of this trip to Germany/Austria and have been counting down the days until we leave. But before we get into that, I just wanted to introduce myself and give you guys some background.

As I mentioned before, I am currently a junior chemical engineering major. I have completed one semester of coop at Sappi Technology Center in Westbrook and can't wait until I can start my second semester. I worked on maintenance of the pilot coater, updating network diagrams, and a research project. It was a great experience and I'm excited to be able to continue my work. I'm currently active in the UMaine chapter of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers as well as TAPPI/PIMA.

We have a lot of locations already planned for the trip, and I can't wait to tour all of them. It is going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will treasure. Seeing how the industry works across
 the globe is going to be a unique learning opportunity and I'm excited
 to observe the culture in Germany and Austria.

Thank you guys for all of your support! I look forward to updating you guys on our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment