Thursday, March 26, 2015

Profile: Cory Schweitzer

Hey everyone!  My name is Cory Schweitzer and I am a Junior Chemical Engineering Student at UMaine.  I'm currently in my second semester of internship for Sappi Fine Paper at the Somerset mill and cannot get enough of it.  Please don't make me go back to school.  My co-op experience has limited me to the Sappi Somerset Mill and I'm really looking forward to touring foreign paper mills on this upcoming TREE trip.

Working at Sappi has shown me that as an engineer, we look for opportunities to better the process.  I feel as though the TREE trip is a huge opportunity to better my process in finding a career after college as well as rounding myself out as a young adult, and I intend to make the most of it!

Living in Central Maine this winter/spring has been perfect as well in terms of being a very active person.  Snowboarding, Ice Fishing, and Hockey are all I want to do in the winter and I can't think of a better place to experience all of that than Maine.

Thank you to everyone who has helped us and contributed to this extraordinary opportunity!

Cory Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment