Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Back Home!

Hello everyone-

After about twenty hours, two plane rides, and a bus from Boston to Augusta, I'm finally back home. We left our hotel in Munich around 4:00am (10pm Eastern time) and made our 7:30 flight from Munich to Istanbul. We had a couple hours worth of a layover before our flight from Istanbul to Boston at 1:30pm (6:30am Eastern time). I was able to watch four movies on this plane ride in between some naps and meals. We finally landed in Boston at 5:30pm and everyone successfully went through customs.

A lot of people, including myself, took the 6:30 bus from Boston to Portland while others were picked up/drove from the airport home. Josh and I continued our journey by taking a bus from Portland to Augusta where we were picked up. It was a long, exhausting day of travel.

I thouroughly enjoyed my time in Europe. It was a beautiful country. I was able to learn a lot from the tours we took and I also learned a lot about the culture. It was a fantastic experience, and I wanted to take the time to thank all of our donors. Thank you so much for allowing me and 13 other students to have this once in a lifetime opportunity. Without you, this trip would not have been possible.

Thank you so much for all of your support-
Katrina Lessard

No comments:

Post a Comment